Thursday, May 13, 2010

My first day..

Lasted about an hour.

Saif, my primary contact at CARE BD, took one look at me and said, "Why don't you take it easy today - sleep and we'll do a full day tomorrow?"

His boss, Asif, director of the Economic Development Unit at CARE BD, looked at me and said the exact same thing.

I thought this was just because Bangladeshis were incredibly gracious people. Then, during one of my introductions, a man whose name I think was Eric stuck out his hand and said, "Nice to meet you. What's wrong with your eyes?," before we had completed our handshake.

I finally got a chance to look in the mirror a bit later. My eyes were completely bloodshot from lack of sleep (I blame the blog!). I looked like I'd smoked a fatty with my morning coffee.

Hopefully better luck on my second day!

No comments:

Post a Comment