Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wanderin': 6 weeks as a vagabond

I'm about to head off on an adventurous month of travel: Bangladesh to Nepal to Sri Lanka to Chapel Hill, NC to Washington, DC to New York to Iceland to Amsterdam to Barcelona to Madrid and finally, to Ann Arbor.

For the first time since I made my way out of my mother's birth canal and into the bright hospital light, I will be alone on my birthday. I don't see this as a bad thing, more as an adventure (if you were going to be on your own for your birthday, wouldn't you want to to be in a place with a name like Kathmandu?). I will blog as I wander but before I set off, I want to leave you with this thought:
If I can say one thing for my mostly inconsequential life, it's that out of some stroke of luck I have been friends with some of the most amazing people I've ever met. You are probably one of them (why else would you be using work time to read this?), and I thank you.

To kick off my 27th year of life and a month of wanderin', my friend and humor soulmate Tania Luciow has specially handcrafted a Luciow Original blog post for your reading pleasure. I'm not sure what possessed her to write about a serious place of academic learning (business school), but there you have it. Thank you, Tania. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment